Detoxing the Body
Detoxification is a holistic way to keep your mind and body healthy from the inside out. By removing and eliminating toxins, then feeding your body with healthy nutrients, detoxifying can help protect you from disease, and renew your ability to maintain optimum health. Detoxification means cleansing the blood. This is done by removing impurities from the blood in the liver, where toxins are processed for elimination. The body also eliminates toxins through the kidneys, intestines, lungs, lymphatic system, and skin. However, when these systems are compromised, impurities are not properly filtered and the body is adversely affected.
A detox program can help the body’s natural cleansing process by:
1. Resting the organs through fasting;
2. Stimulating the liver to drive toxins from the body;
3. Promoting elimination through the intestines, kidneys, and skin;
4. Improving circulation of the blood; and
5. Refueling the body with healthy nutrients.
With more toxins in the environment than ever it’s critical to detox and everyone should detox at least once a year. The aim of detoxification is to eliminate all the negative effects on the body from the environment: industrial chemicals, pesticides, additives in our food, secondary smoke, pollutants, and heavy metals.You will also be protectig your health in the long term and ensuring that you achieve better physical, mental, and emotional health. That’s an important distinction because you can’t possibly be your best if you don’t nurture every aspect of your health. You will look better, feel better, and your body will thank you and that’s the motivation to keep you going.
There are plenty of detoxification programs out there, as well as various simple methods to detox. However choosing the correct ones for yourself is where the challenge is and depending on the type of detox you wish to do. For those looking to seriously detox and improve their overall health, and wellness, consulting with your health professional is always a good start, so they can truly discover the root of your symptoms and you can receive the best recommendations.
Simple detox methods:
This seems like a very old-school item and so few of us actually use them anymore, but they have great merit when it comes to an effective detox strategy. Not only can Epsom salts help to soothe an injury or sore muscles, but they can actually draw toxins out of the body by making you sweat them from your skin. These natural salts are also said to help cleanse your colon when added to bath water.
A basic juice cleanse involves adding lemon to your water through out the day. The citric acid in the lemons is supposed to aid with digestion by penetrating and break down fat molecules, not to mention boosting vitamin C levels. Note that this elementary form of cleansing is not the same as the controversial Master Cleanse liquid diet, which recommends consuming nothing but a lemon juice elixir for days.
The Master Cleanse is the step up from the simple lemon and water. This diet can be done for a minimum 10 days, up to 40 days, and has all the nutirents the body will need during this time. It consists of lemom, or lime juice, genuine maple syrup, purified water, and cayenne pepp
Skin detoxing, or exfoliation, helps keep the skin healthy and free of dead skin cells. Exfoliation is often coupled with sweat sessions in a sauna and relaxing massages to ease tension. Indian women use turmeric as a facial cleanser and exfolliant.
Drinking fluids like water, vegetable and fruit juice, herbal tea, and taking vitamins or supplements can help to boost the immune system and keep your body regulated, while exercise, such as yoga, tai chi and Gigong, have been proven to help regulate stress and energy levels.
Detoxifying your mind as well will get you to a good positive mental state, which will affect your actual physical health and improve it as well. Toxins can come in any form and stress is one of the biggest culprits. Meditation is one truly effective way to get rid of stress and help yourself to reset, no matter what the day has brought you.
If you have never tried chiropractic services, then there is no better time than right now. Getting an adjustment is a wonderful way of moving out toxins that may have built up in the body over time.
Though you might not think of this as a traditional detox strategy, it can really help to alleviate your problems and ensure that you have a healthier foundation moving forward
Ways to help your body detoxify daily:
After a detoxification program, you can cleanse your body daily with these diet supplements and lifestyle practices:
1. Eat plenty of fiber, including brown rice, barley, and organically grown fresh fruits and vegetables. Beets, radishes, artichokes, cabbage, broccoli, spirulina, chlorella, cranberries, watermelon and seaweed are excellent detoxifying foods.
2. Cleanse and protect the liver by taking herbs such as dandelion root, burdock, and milk thistle, and drinking green tea.
3. Take vitamin C, which helps the body produce glutathione, a liver compound that drives away toxins. Take a good Probiotics, which will help to restore and balance the good bacteria that your body needs.
4. Drink at least two 6-8 glasses of water a day.
5. Breathe deeply to allow oxygen to circulate more completely through your system.
6. Transform stress by emphasizing positive emotions.
7. Practice hydrotherapy by taking a very hot shower for five minutes, allowing the water to run on your back. Follow with cold water for 30 seconds. Do this three times, and then get into bed for 30 minutes.
8. Sweat in a sauna so your body can eliminate waste through perspiration.
9. Dry-brush your skin or try detox foot spas/foot baths to remove toxins through your pores. Special brushes are available at natural products stores.
10. Exercising one hour every day. Try Qigong, a martial arts based exercise system that includes exercises specifically for detoxifying or cleansing, as well as many other exercises with specific health benefits. Yoga and Tai-Chi are other methods as well.
The most important thing to keep in mind about healthy detoxing, is that it’s not necessary to go on a special diet to clean your digestive track, because that is the role of our organs. Our body is already designed to fight and eliminate toxins it encounters. Our liver, skin, urinary system, and gastrointestinal tract are constantly helping to cleanse our bodies naturally. It is important to make sure our body, and mind, are always at a healthy state in order to perform at top efficiency. Eating a diet rich in the foods that can keep your digestive tract and organs healthy is the best way to keep the body strong. Feed your body right so that it is prepared for battle. Fruits, vegetables, high-quality protein, fiber-rich carbohydrates, healthy fats, vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, and probiotics all play a role in building a strong body from the inside out.
Get Health News you can use!
Sign up for our Newsletter NOW!